The Vancouver condo market continues to be one of the hottest in the country as we near the end 2017. If you have been looking to put your home on the market, now is a great time to do so. The Coal Harbour real estate market is one of the most sought after areas in the city and the winter months are a great time to take full advantage of what your condo has to offer. Here are some great staging tips to attract a wide range of buyers to your home.
Make it Inviting
When you are showing your home, make it comfortable and inviting. Turn up the thermostat and make your home warm. The last thing you want is a cold home when you are showing it to prospective buyers.
Other tips you may want to consider making your home more inviting include:
- Using cheerful colours such as oranges, reds or yellows to warm up the room and add to that cozy feeling. Think about adding these colours in your throws, pillows or rugs.
- If you have a gas fireplace, turn it on and make sure that it is generating heat, this will only add to the overall ambiance of your home.
Light it Up
It is no secret that the winter months can be dark and somewhat dreary. This can be especially true in Vancouver. When you are showing your home, make sure that all of the lights are on in your home – a well-lit home only adds to its inviting ambiance. It is also important that you replace any lights in your home that have been burnt out. Burnt out lights show neglect and that is not what you want if you are trying to sell your home.
Make sure to take full advantage of the natural light. Make sure to set your open houses during the peak of daylight hours. By using this trick to your advantage, you will be able to show off the spectacular views that many of the homes in Coal Harbour are famous for.
Make it Festive
If you are showing your home around the holiday season, make it part of your overall staging. Bright lights and a well decorated Christmas tree are excellent staging props. Just make sure that you do not over do it because the age old staging rule of less is more still applies.
Other great festive staging tips include:
- A winter wreath on your front door to welcome all potential home buyers. Add a festive door mat to complete the welcoming theme.
- A festive table centerpiece that will not only brighten up the room but will also add a splash of colour to your home.
- Winter scents such as peppermint to increase the overall ambiance and that friendly inviting feel of home.
These are just some of the many great winter staging tips that will make your Coal Harbour condo more appealing to buyers. With the right added touches, you can expect to get full market value for your home. If you have any further questions or would like some advice about how to stage your home, please contact us today.